The Ontario Neurotrauma Foundation (ONF) supports research and its practical application in the field of neurotrauma. Neurotrauma is an injury to the spinal cord or brain. Our work benefits everyone with a personal or professional interest in neurotrauma.
ONF funds research to fill knowledge gaps in the areas of:
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Spinal cord injury (SCI)
- Injury prevention; specifically fall prevention across the lifespan
ONF connects people with the research knowledge they need to improve practices and policies. We guide organizations as they work to put research evidence into action.
ONF is a non-profit organization funded by the Government of Ontario.
Core Team Organizations
These organizations are actively involved in the functioning of the Community of Practice (CoP).
- Toronto Public Health
- Haldimand-Norfolk Health Unit
- Huron County Health Unit
- Southwestern Public Health
- Public Health Sudbury & Districts
- York Region Community and Health Services Department
- Northwestern Health Unit
- Algoma Public Health
- Haliburton, Kawartha, Pine Ridge District Health Unit (HKPR)
- Peterborough Public Health
- London Health Sciences Centre/Children's Hospital
- LAMP Community Health Centre Family Health Specialist
- Region of Waterloo, Public Health & Emergency Services
- Middlesex-London Health Unit
- Hamilton Health Unit
- Ottawa Public Health