Sources for childhood fall prevention and safety
Below are reputable sources for information and resources on childhood fall prevention and safety and can support those who work in these domains.
Parachute - The national charity dedicated to injury prevention:
- Injury Topic pages for information targeted towards the public: https://parachute.ca/en/injury-topics/
- Child Falls Collection for information targeted towards professionals: https://parachute.ca/en/professional-resource/child-falls-collection/
Canadian Pediatric Society’s Injury Prevention Committee:
Child Safety Link - An Atlantic-wide childhood injury prevention program:
- Child Safety Link homepage: https://www.childsafetylink.ca
- The Link: Atlantic Children's Injury Prevention Community of Practice: https://child-safety-link.mobilize.io/registrations/groups/68089 (although information is targeted towards Atlantic provinces, all are welcome to join)
Fall Prevention Month Fact Bank
- Updated annually, the Fact Bank outlines provincial, national, and global fall-specific data and sources: https://www.fallpreventionmonth.ca/fpmfactbank
Provincial and Territorial
Several provinces and territories have injury prevention centres. The Canadian Collaborating Centres for Injury Prevention keeps an up-to-date list of these here: http://www.cccip.ca/collaborating-centres
- Safe Kids Worldwide: https://www.safekids.org
- Prevent Child Injury: http://www.preventchildinjury.org
These sources were selected by the National Advisory Committee on Childhood Injury Prevention. Last updated: Nov. 2023.